Up this week is Donna Bukalders Photography from SE Wisconsin - Milwaukee and surrounding areas. She has a great light and airy style which I love. You can also check out more of her work on Facebook.
About the image…
1) Why do you love this image? I love all kinds of images but I am particularly drawn to the "light, airy" images...especially with newborns. I love how the image is light with just a splash of color thrown in. It screams delicate to me.
2) What were your settings with this image? ISO 400, F/3.2, ss 1/250 using natural light and my Nikon d300
3) What do you love about Photography? I love putting a picture to my memories. It's so fun to go through pictures from years ago and relive the fun experiences--and seeing the different stages myself and my children have gone through.
4) What type of Photography do you specialize in and why? I love doing Newborn Photography. There's just something about those perfect little bodies and cute facial expressions. The newborn period flys by so quickly that many parents miss it due to lack of sleep and the fogginess of those first few weeks. By the time the images are ready for parents their newborn has already changed and grown.
About your life?
5) What are your favorite hobbies and pastimes? I've been the "photographer" in the family for as long as I can remember. I remember taking my 110 film to the drugstore and being so excited when it was time to pick it up. I've loved photography since I was at least 10 years old! I also really like reading, listening to music and playing volleyball.
6) Who or what inspires you? I love just looking at photographs of any kind. National Geographic is one of my favorite magazines because of the images. I'm very inspired by other photographers and the images they capture also. I find myself at times talking to my daughters and seeing the wonderful light captured in their eyes. I've been known to grab my camera in conversation and take pictures
7) Who are some of your favorite singers/bands? I love listening to 70's music. Listening to this music takes me back to my childhood days. My mom would have the radio playing in the morning when we would come down to eat our hot oatmeal for breakfast or whenever we drove in the car. Isnt' it funny how listening to music takes you back in time? I also really like strong female vocals like Kelly Clarkson, Colbie Caillat and Pink.
8) What is your favorite movie of all time? Hmmm...that's hard. I used to watch Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink so often that I knew all the words. Now I don't really like to watch the same movie more than once. I like both dramas and romantic comedies.
9) What would your ideal day be like? My ideal day would be a sunny, warm (low 80's) light breeze one. I love summer vacation when my girls aren't in school and we can laze through the day. I love the smell of fresh cut grass and blooming flowers. I would love to just sit in my backyard and read a good book and hear my children playing with their friends in the area.
10) If you weren't a photographer, what other profession would you like to pursue? I am currently a nurse. I've been working with newborns in L&D or postpartum for the past 13 years. I get my baby fix through both my photography and my daily job. I couldn't ask for a better life!
Check back next Wednesday to meet Kelly Mack.