Thursday, July 14, 2011
Up this week we have photographer spotlight for Holly Olson of Holly Olson Photography located in Highland, UT. You can see more of Holly' lovely work and follow her on Facebook.
About the image…
1) Why do you love this image?I love the stillness and the peace of this image. Life can get so busy and when babies are little it is easy to forget to take in the moment and enjoy it because too soon these moments will be gone.
2) What were your settings with this image? I shot this with my Canon 5D mark ii and my 50 mm lens. ISO 1000 SS 250 f/2.2
3) What do you love about Photography? I love having the ability to capture a moment that can be re-lived over and over through a photograph.
4) What type of Photography do you specialize in and why? I love newborns and children. Children seem to change in the blink of an eye and I love to capture that moment in time.
About your life?
5) What are your favorite hobbies and pastimes? I love gardening. I love flowers and I find nothing more beautiful than a garden filled with flowers. I look forward to spring every year so that I can start digging the dirt.
6) Who or what inspires you? There are so many wonderful photographers that I admire but what truly inspires me is the everyday beauty around me. I try to see the world in a different way... through my lens.
7) Who are some of your favorite singers/bands? I enjoy whatever is playing at the moment. In the car, we can listen to preschool sds or Taylor Swift (my six year old sings along which is so fun to watch!). In fact, my six year old probably knows the songs on the radio better than I do.
8) What is your favorite movie of all time? Don't laugh but for some reason I love Sweet Home Alabama. I don't know why but every time I am channel surfing and see that it is on I have to stop and watch it even though I have seen it a million times.
9) What would your ideal day be like? Playing with my family on a nice warm beach on an island in the Caribbean. The warm sand and sun always sounds like a perfect day.
10) If you weren't a photographer, what other profession would you like to pursue? I have always wanted to be home with my children and photography allows me to do that. So I think that I have the best of both worlds!
Check back next week to meet Jen Snyder.