Sunday, July 24, 2011
Up this week we have the talented Jen Snyder of Lux Amoris located in Harford County, MD. You can see her current work in her journal and follow her on Facebook.
About the image…
1) Why do you love this image? This was from my son's 1st birthday shoot. At the time I left our session feeling really disappointed because neither of my kids was being cooperative and it really got me down. I didn't think I had any success. I wouldn't even pull the photos off the memory card for a few days. I was pleasantly surprised at what I saw! This one is my favorite of the bunch. I just love the way they are looking at each other, the way the light is wrapping around their faces. My daughter was leaning forward getting ready to tickle him and I can just feel her mischievous giggle.
2) What were your settings with this image? I used my 24-70 on my D700, ISO 500, 1/250, f2.8
3) Are you formally educated or a self taught photographer? A little bit of both. I have a bachelor's in Photographic Arts, but it dealt with B&W darkroom printing. The transition to digital was self taught and it was really hard on me. I had to learn all over again.
4) Who is your favorite female photographer? Annie Leibovitz. Sally Mann. Connie Imboden.
5) Do you have any personal projects? I am going back to my roots and returning to my first love of photographing urban scenes at night, lit by streetlamps.
About your life?
6) Do you have any pet peeves? People who leave their shopping carts in the parking lot. Seriously, people, there are cart corrals everywhere. Take the three steps to put your cart away.
7) What 3 words describe you? Or describe your style? Me: quirky, sarcastic, laid back. My style: warm, loving, relaxed
8) If you could live anywhere for a year, where would that be? I'd love to live in the city. I don't think I'd want to always live in the city, as I love my suburban peace and quiet, but I want to experience city life at least once in my life.
9) What is your favorite drink? Unsweetened tea. Or Captain and Coke, depending on where I am.
10) What quote best represents you at this moment? If you could be invisible for one day with your camera…
Check back next week to meet Laura Morita -Yeun.